The Non-intrusive Pig Signal Indicator by EMT is a cutting-edge device designed to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of pipeline monitoring. As a leading provider of pipeline inspection solutions, EMT has developed this state-of-the-art indicator to address the challenges faced in detecting and tracking pigs during oil, gas, water, and other transmission pipeline operations. With its advanced features and reliable performance, the Pig Signal Indicator revolutionizes the way pipeline inspections are conducted, ensuring seamless pig passage detection.
Instructions for Use:
The Pig Signal Indicator boasts a range of functions that streamline the detection process, facilitate queries, provide clear indications, and offer precise time adjustments.
- Detection Function: The indicator’s magnetic sensor is strategically positioned on the outer wall of the pipeline, eliminating the need for intrusive methods. The device detects the passage of pigs through two methods: magnet detection and magnetic pulse emission detection. This versatility allows for efficient monitoring of pigs in various pipeline scenarios.
- Query Function: The Pig Signal Indicator enables users to access pig passage information effortlessly. The device records and displays the passage time and date, allowing operators to quickly retrieve information about the most recent pig as well as the previous 99 pig passages. This feature enables efficient data management and enhances the overall monitoring process.
- Clear Function: The indicator’s LCD screen provides a clear and concise display of pig passage information. The passage times and dates are recorded, ensuring accurate record-keeping and traceability. The intuitive interface allows for easy navigation and quick access to vital information during pipeline inspections.
- Time Adjustment Function: The Pig Signal Indicator allows operators to adjust the time settings, ensuring synchronization with the pipeline operations and facilitating accurate data analysis. This function ensures precise time-stamping for each pig passage, enhancing the reliability of the monitoring process.
Scope of application
1. Applicable temperature: – 40 ~ 85 ℃.
2. Suitable for conveying pipes of all materials.
3. The pig shall be equipped with a magnetic force source (permanent magnet 3000-4500 Gauss)
4. Applicable gas and medium places
5. Explosion-proof sign: Exd Ⅱ CT6
6. Protection: IP65.
7. Power supply: 4 No. 7 batteries or 24V DC power supply is selected through the jumper cap.
8. Remote signal is normally open and normally closed.
9. Contact capacity: not more than 3a.
10. Action time of remote signal: 3S.
Features and Advantages:
The Non-intrusive Pig Signal Indicator offers a range of features that set it apart from traditional methods of pipeline monitoring. Let’s delve into its key advantages:
- Intrinsically Safe: The indicator is designed with intrinsic safety in mind, meeting essential explosion-proof safety requirements. Its low power consumption, even during unexpected events such as short circuits, ensures compliance with national safety standards.
- Easy Installation: The indicator’s flexible and convenient installation process eliminates the need for complex setups. It can be easily wrapped and fixed on the outer wall of the pipeline, allowing for quick deployment and minimizing downtime during installation.
- Accurate Detection: The combination of magnet detection and magnetic pulse emission detection methods ensures reliable and accurate pig passage detection. This advanced technology enables precise monitoring and minimizes the risk of missed inspections.
- Comprehensive Data Management: The Pig Signal Indicator’s ability to store and retrieve pig passage information simplifies data management. Operators can access detailed records, including passage times and dates, for efficient analysis and decision-making.
- Versatility: The indicator is suitable for pipelines of all materials and can operate in a wide temperature range (-40°C to 85°C). Its adaptability makes it an ideal solution for diverse pipeline environments.
The Principle of Magnetic Particle Inspection:
The principle of magnetic particle inspection plays a crucial role in the functionality of the Non-intrusive Pig Signal Indicator. When magnetizing a magnetically conductive metal workpiece to saturation, defects such as cracks, slag inclusions, or pores disrupt the passage of magnetic lines of force, resulting in magnetic flux leakage. By spraying magnetic powder or a magnetic powder suspension on the inspected workpiece’s surface, the leakage magnetic field attracts the magnetic particles, clearly highlighting the presence of defects.
The indicator’s detection methods can be categorized into two types:
- Additive Method (Continuous Method): In this technique, magnetic powder is sprayed onto the tested workpiece while simultaneously applying magnetization.It is particularly effective for materials with low coercivity and remanence, such as mild steel. The additive method offers higher detection sensitivity with a lower magnetizing current, although it may have lower inspection efficiency and require more complex operations.
- Residual Magnetism Method: In this method, the residual magnetism of the magnetized workpiece is utilized for inspection. After magnetization, the magnetizing current can be disconnected, and then magnetic powder or a magnetic suspension is sprayed onto the surface. The advantage of this method is its simplicity and high inspection efficiency. However, the residual magnetism method necessitates a higher magnetizing current, approximately three times greater than that used in the additive method. The material being inspected must possess high coercivity and remanence to ensure sufficient residual magnetism for effective inspection. Operators must also exercise caution when using alternating current or half-wave rectification as the magnetizing current.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: How does the Non-intrusive Pig Signal Indicator differ from traditional mechanical or electronic indicators?
A: Unlike mechanical indicators, our non-intrusive indicator eliminates the risk of ignition, mechanical faults, and accuracy issues caused by ball passing. Electronic indicators, on the other hand, are prone to false alarms and missed alarms due to interference. Our indicator offers intrinsic safety, precise detection, comprehensive data management, and easy installation.
- Q: Can the Pig Signal Indicator be used in pipelines with different materials?
A: Absolutely! The indicator is suitable for transmission pipes of all materials, ensuring its compatibility with various pipeline systems. Whether your pipeline is made of steel, iron, or other materials, our indicator provides reliable pig passage detection.
The Non-intrusive Pig Signal Indicator comprises the following components:
- Explosion-proof Remote Transmission Display Mechanism (TZS): This mechanism includes an LCD screen with a heating function, recording passage time, and storing memory for up to 100 passages. It also features remote transmission capability, explosion-proof marking (Exd iict6), and an IP65 protection rating.
- Sensing Mechanism (YY-FCT): The sensing mechanism consists of a reverse magnetoresistance circuit, a balanced amplification circuit, a low-pass filter circuit, a trigger circuit, a CPU, a supporting remote switch circuit, a display circuit, and a reset circuit. These components work together to accurately detect and indicate pig passage.
- Detachable Card Mounting Mechanism: This mechanism allows for easy installation and removal of the indicator on the outer wall of the pipeline.
- Connecting Wire and Extension Rod: These accessories enable connectivity and extension options, particularly for buried pipelines.
The Non-intrusive Pig Signal Indicator prioritizes safety and adheres to essential explosion-proof requirements. With its low power consumption, it ensures compliance with national standards. Whether powered by a local battery or the alarm instrument in the control room, the indicator operates within safe parameters, providing reliable and secure pipeline monitoring.
The Non-intrusive Pig Signal Indicator by EMT offers a comprehensive solution for efficient and accurate pig passage detection in various pipeline systems. With its advanced features, easy installation, and intrinsic safety, it revolutionizes the way pipeline inspections are conducted. The indicator’s ability to detect pig passage through magnet detection and magnetic pulse emission detection ensures reliable results, while it’s comprehensive data management and intuitive interface facilitate streamlined operations. Experience the advantages of the Pig Signal Indicator and enhance your pipeline monitoring capabilities with EMT’s cutting-edge solutions. Invest in our products today and optimize your pipeline inspection processes for increased productivity and safety.